Saturday, May 22, 2010

Yard Projects-My Pea Gravel Patio

Part of owning an older home is making sense of other people's landscaping choices. Fortunately, our home was the recent recipient of a "fix and flip" so the floor plan is pretty wide open, but the yard is... Well? It needs help. Over time, we've tackled a few projects here and there but this summer shall be known as "The Summer of the Backyard." We have a big, beautiful tree that needs some sort of patio around it, a bunch of beds that need to be made, and new sod throughout.

I've wanted a pea gravel patio for a long time and Joel is pretty positive that it is the worst decision in history as it will spread throughout the world. I've found a product online that I'm really excited about. It's sort of like a soil additive that permanently bonds rocks together.
It's called Gravel-Lok and I'm considering forgoing the stabilizing grid (we don't have any heavy vehicular traffic planned for our little patio) and just doing the standard road base/tamp/pea gravel patio route with the super goo stuff to make it stick together. I'm sure there will be adventures along the way as this plan currently sounds entirely too simple, but I'm going to try it anyway.

Wish me luck. Will post pictures soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment